Friday, March 5, 2010

Zangy Tilapia

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com or somewhere, but I named it Zangy Tilapia because that is how I would describe it. The combination of spices in also good rubbed on chicken! I also have used fresh lemon juice instead of lemon pepper with great success! I just squeezed some on top of the fish or chicken periodically while it was cooking.

Zangy Tilapia

1 1/2 lbs tilapia fillets
2 tsp low-sodium cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp butter or olive oil*

Combine cajun seasoning, lemon pepper, dried parsley, crushed red pepper, garlic and onion powder. Evenly season fish on both sides. Melt butter (or heat olive oil) in large skillet over medium heat. Add fish. Brown each side approximately 3-4 minutes per side (tilapia cooks quickly). Adjust cooking temperature if needed. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment